552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

They're Back!

After over a year of waiting, HOCKEY IS BACK! NHL hockey, that is. As much as I love the Cottonmouths (and as excited as I was when they won the championship last year), it just isn't the same.

If you're a sports fan, but you just haven't gotten into hockey, give it a try this season. The league has changed many of the rules to make the games more high scoring and entertaining. I'm interested to see how quickly the players will adapt.

Tonight, my beloved Red Wings play Cory's St. Louis Blues in the season opener. Unfortunately, ESPN doesn't have the NHL contract any more, so I won't get to watch my team much this year. I can't even watch the Thrashers tonight, because they're only broadcasting the game in the Atlanta metro area. Sigh. At least XM radio will carry all the NHL games this seaon.

Oh, yeah. And the Braves open the NL Playoffs today. I could go to the game today... but I don't feel quite up to driving all the way to Atlanta after spending most of yesterday in bed.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa