552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Bring on the Tar Heels!

As I write this, I'm wearing my Oakland University Golden Grizzlies sweatshirt (like this one, only without the hood), purchased about seven years ago, shortly after the school made the change to Division I. (I might add, I purchased the new sweatshirt only because I loved the new nickname and logo... when I went to OU, the school was Division II and the mascot was the much less threatening "pioneers.")

For those of you who didn't know, Oakland won its first NCAA Tournament game in school history tonight, a lopsided 10-point win over another NCAA newcomer, Alabama A & M.

Remember, Oakland qualified for the tournament after posting a 12-18 regular season record. As OU Coach Greg Kampe noted, there's only one way the Grizzlies could break the .500 mark for the season: "If we win the national championship, we'll finally get to 19-18."

For their efforts, the Golden Grizzlies will now play North Carolina, ranked #2 in the nation. Bring 'em on, I say. This is the most publicity Oakland's gotten since... well... ever.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa