552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Falling Behind

Here we are, 2 1/2 weeks into 2005, and I already feel as though I've fallen behind.

You may have noticed that I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions. I didn't make any last year, either, though there was a brief mention of a diet on the blog on January 5th. Considering the way my jeans fit, the diet must not have lasted long.

I guess the closest thing to a resolution that I made last year was my quest to read a book a week last year. My friend Kelly (a librarian) started the quest, and I copied the idea from her. If you count books on tape, I made it. If you only count the printed word, then I finished two short of my goal. I could have applied the book-a-week philosophy to other important issues in my life... like applying for one new job every week. I'm sure I exceeded that goal by far, but I don't feel the need to humiliate myself by listing every single television station that's rejected me week-by-week. It would be far too depressing.

I've decided I should do "52 books in 52 weeks" again this year... unfortunately, here it is, January 18th, and I've only finished one book, "Sock" by Penn Jillette of "Penn & Teller" fame. And here's the really sad thing... I started reading it in the first week of December. I just never got around to finishing it until last night.

So, like I said, I've fallen behind. One sad, pathetic book.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa