552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 05, 2004

Sportslady's Annual Report

One year ago, I started this blog as part of a New Year's Resolution. See, I've always been really crappy about keeping in touch with some old friends. So far, so good. In the last year, I've seen several folks that I haven't seen in years: My best friend from Jr. High School Anne, my former co-worker Sue, and my CMU pal Mike, to name a few. I've also gotten back in touch with another high school friend, Melissa, and just recently, KTVO pal Danny. Not too shabby for one year. I'm sending out some emails tonight to welcome others to my little corner of the internet.

That's right kids, it's been one year since I started this blog (actually, it's been 1 year and two days, but who's counting). My first post was on January 4th, 2003:

The Genesis of the "Sports Lady"
Those of you who lived in Kirksville probably already know me as the "Sports Lady." See, it seems I don't have a name. After 2 1/2 years on the air in Kirksville/Ottumwa, I couldn't go anywhere without folks recognizing me. Every trip to "the mall" (a.k.a Wal-Mart) brought random people coming up to me, all uttering the same query:
"Aren't you the Sports Lady?"
Of course I am.
Now, being the "Sports Lady" brings with it a great responsibility. Apparently, it's my fault if your favorite team loses. So Green Bay Packers fans, Miami Hurricane fans, Indianapolis Colts fans... it's not that your teams suck... it's just my fault.


As for my 2004 Resolutions... I'm still working on them. The diet starts Monday, this much I know for sure.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa