552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Ahhh, Normalcy

Cory and I have been reveling in the life of the "normal couple" the last few days. I know I've explained this before, but our schedules aren't exactly compatible. Cory works afternoons, I work nights. Cory works Monday through Friday, I work random days, but always work Saturdays and Sundays. Every now and then, I take a couple vacation days or comp days on a weekend, and suddenly we have time to spend together. It's kind of bizarre. We feel the need to go out and do something... anything... because we actually get to spend a little time together.

For the past several days, we've been sort of, kind of, a "normal" couple. We got to spend New Year's Day together all day... and we get to spend this weekend together. It's a little weird, to be honest. We don't want to waste our time together doing something monotonous like cleaning the house, but we're too broke from Christmas to go, say, to Atlanta, or some other more exciting place.

Today was a rare treat... our second full day together (in town) since Thanksgiving. We spent it returning Christmas gifts. Then, joy of all joys, we got to go to a hockey game!

See, Cory and I go to games frequently, but I'm always working. That means I have to watch the game through a tiny little black and white screen on my video camera, and I don't get to enjoy any of it. I also generally have to leave by the end of the second period, which seriously sucks. I never, ever, get to stay for the end of the game.

Tonight's Cottonmouths game was not a gem. Far from it. But it went to an overtime shootout, which even though they lost, was still pretty cool. The really awesome part was that the Snakes' goalie was playing his first game as a pro, and didn't do too badly (21 shots, 20 saves).

But I digress. Other couples really take their weekends together for granted, but I don't. Honestly, it's so nice actually getting to spend time with Cory, I can't even explain it.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa