552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Two More Holes in My Head

Oh sure, I'm about two decades too late, but today, I got my ears double-pierced. It's been well over 25 years since the first time I got my ears pierced, and I had to deal with an icky infection for what seemed like forever. The memory of all that unpleasantness was more than enough to keep me from doing it again, even when everybody I knew was getting it done. So here I am, in my mid-30s, doing something that most girls do when they're 15. Yep. I'm a dork.

I had one big decision to make: Where to get my ears pierced. At our mall, Claire's is located right next to the Piercing Pagoda. It was a no-brainer. The average Claire's employee is about 17 years old. The women at the PP looked about my age.

First thing she says to me: "I bet you got a nice pair of diamond earrings for Christmas." I said yes, and she told me that's the main reason adult women get their ears double-pierced. I felt a little less dorky when she told me that. Now I just have to wait a month and a half before I can take out these ugly little studs.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa