552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Spring Is Here!

And, no... I'm not talking about opening day. But while I'm on the subject, when the hell is Major League Baseball going to stop this ridiculous habit of "opening" the baseball season in Japan? The baseball season is starting in about four hours from now, at 5:00 a.m ET (7:00 p.m. in Japan.) The Yankees will play the Devil Rays in Tokyo. That means, for example, that A-Rod's first official at-bat as a Yankee will be while 99% of the Yanks fans are in bed, sawing logs. Sure, play some exhibition games in Japan, but let the freakin' first game of the season be a little more accessible to baseball fans in North America.

But back to my subject... spring. Saturday and Sunday morning, Cory and I planted flowers. A window box of begonias on our patio, a basket of impatiens in the front yard. We have much more planting to do, but it's a start. Of course, three of my window boxes in the front yard got stolen last year... so I'm not sure how many more things I want to put out front.

Those of you up north, if it seems a little odd that I'm planting flowers already... think about this... I planted my impatiens on March 5th last year.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa