552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Little. Yellow. Annoying.

The first day of spring has come and gone, and yet its evidence still remains. Like clockwork, as the first day of spring arrives in Columbus, a yellow film appears on all items left outdoors. You first notice that your car isn't quite as shiny as it was the day before. As you draw closer, you realize that everything around you is coated with tiny yellow specks of pollen. You want to wash your car, but you know that tomorrow, it will only be worse.

To be quite honest, I've never seen anything like it anywhere else I've lived. The pollen is thick enough to write "Wash Me" on the back of a car with your finger.

Of course, being the genetic freak that I am (you name the malady, it's in my gene pool), the arrival of the fresh coat of pollen does nothing for my health. My eyes have been so itchy that I've had to forsake contact lenses for the last several days. They're so bloodshot that I look like I have pinkeye. I've blown my nose so many times that it's raw. Today, I finally succumbed, and took an allergy pill. Big mistake. I've been falling asleep standing up for the last several hours and I'm a little delirious. If this didn't make any sense, I apologize.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa