552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Finally...

We're finally back in Georgia. Cory and I rolled into town at 3:45 a.m. after a hellish drive. I don't have a lot of energy for an extended post, but I'll summarize the trip back:

Planned to leave Jan & Steve's at about 10 a.m. Actually pulled out of the driveway at 11 a.m. We were fairly pleased, since that meant we got a decent night's sleep, didn't have to rush in the morning, wouldn't have to deal with Detroit a.m. rush hour, and would hit Cincinnati before their 5 p.m. rush hour.

The first hour or so of the drive was fairly uneventful. It was pouring outside, so we were slowed down a little as we tried to get out of the Detroit Metro area. Driving down I-275, I got onto the I-75 on-ramp. Over an hour later, we were still on the I-75 on-ramp. A wreck had closed off traffic on the highway (according to the radio, one lane was open, but I think that's a serious crock). So we sat, in essentially the same spot, for an hour and 20 minutes.

We finally get out of that clusterf*ck, get as far as Toledo, and it starts all over again. This time, it's only a 20-minute logjam. So, essentially, the first 3 1/2 hours we were on the road, we travelled about 115 miles. Nice, huh? Oh, and of course, that meant that we hit Cincinnati right around rush hour. Yippie!

Anyway, it took forever to get back to Georgia. And even though I've done nothing today, I'm exhausted.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa