552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Vacation Update

All right, let's get this out of the way. I'm still very tired. I didn't think the drive would be that much longer than the drive from Kirksville to Detroit (13 hours, on average, though possible in 11 1/2). I was wrong. Seriously, horribly, terribly wrong. I'm pooped out. I think I mentioned yesterday that it took 16 1/2 hours. That's just too damn long to be in a 1996 Pontiac Sunfire.

Today, the goal was simple: Find Cory some "Big Boy" clothes (and no, I don't mean red-and-white checkered overalls. That's a different "Big Boy" altogether). We found him a nice blazer/pants/sweater combination that looks really good on him... and better yet, it was at the Men's Wearhouse, the first place we looked. As I mentioned in another post, it was an early birthday present for Cory, who turns 27 on Sunday. I won't tell you how much it cost, but I will tell you that he'd better get me something damn nice for my birthday.

(For those of you who don't know, my b-day is two days after Christmas, so I have a history of getting the shaft for my birthday, especially from significant others. I'm not bitter... just explaining. Well, ok... actually, I am bitter.)

Shopping for Cory took most of the day, though that's not all we did today. I also picked up my very pretty bridesmaid dress (and let's face it, for $200, it better be pretty!) and a stick-on bra to go with it. Seriously, it's adhesive.

Tomorrow, it's lunch with my high school friends Anne and Melissa. It'll be the first time Cory has met anyone who knew me before I moved to Kirksville (other than my parents, that is). Oddly enough, we're eating lunch at a Big Boy.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa