552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, September 12, 2003

Friday Five

Funny, earlier today I was looking up anagrams for my name... now the friday five is all about names.

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed? It's the same.
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be? I've often toyed with the thought of dropping my first name. People mispronounce my first name so regularly that I don't even bother correcting them anymore. It's a losing battle. In fact, my legal signature incorporates my first initial and full middle name.
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?) There was a famous opera star named who shares my first name... I think that's where Jan & Steve first heard the name. Funny story, one time my grandmother (Evelyn) told me that she came up with the name. When I asked Jan about that, she said that Evelyn didn't like the name at all, and asked "What the hell kind of name is that?" when they named me.
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why? I've always loved the name "Logan." In fact, we had a dog named Logan, and Cory and I have considered that name for a son if we ever have kids. I also really like "Brett" and "Morgan."
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?

(Here is the analysis)
You seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges. Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony. As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself. You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence. You do not find contentment in the routine tasks and responsibilities that are associated with home and family or with administrative detail in the business world, so you have to guard against frustration and even moods of depression over your personal responsibilities. The restlessness this name creates could find an outlet in caustic, irritable expression.

Caustic? Irritable? Moi??? Yeah, it's pretty accurate, though sales and promotion aren't my thing at all. Everything else seems to fit pretty well.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa