552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, September 19, 2003

Another Action-Packed Vacation Adventure

I'm pretty tired (yet again), so this may be brief. Had lunch with Anne and Melissa, my two remaining friends from high school. Cory met them for the first time, so that was nice. Oh, and we briefly went to Anne's house. I'm always so envious of people with houses. I've been renting forever... And I just want to feel a little more "grounded." I should have bought a house when I lived in Kirksville, but when I moved there, the plan was to only stay for three years, and then my contract would expire. Who knew I'd be there for seven years? Anyway, I'm terribly jealous of all of my friends who aren't transients like me. My friend Nicki (the one who's getting married Saturday) just bought a house, and once again, I'm insanely jealous. But I digress.

After that, we went to play some putt-putt golf with my mom. She hadn't been since she was a kid, so we played 18 holes (Between the three of us, I won... Though I got a serious challenge from Cory). We were just about to leave, and Jan suggested we go on the bumper boats. I'd never been on anything like that before, and it was a blast! We had a riot, since it was just the three of us out on this little tiny pond.

Later, we had to go to the rehearsal and dinner. The rehearsal was very fast, thankfully, and dinner was great. I had to pull the preacher-guy aside at one point though, and ask him what I should do when the rest of the wedding party takes communion. It's a lot easier to pass on the communion when you're in the congregation, but when you're right in front of everyone, you kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well.

Tomorrow, I still have to go buy Nicki and Walt a present (kind of a must-do when you're in the wedding party... It's hard to skip out of town without giving a gift). Cory's going golfing with Nicole's family tomorrow. I keep telling him that he's going to know more people at the wedding than I am! He thinks I'm joking, but I'm completely serious. I had never met three of the bridesmaids before tonight, and I still don't know all of their names. It could be a long weekend.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa