552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, August 31, 2003

Friday Five

On Sunday, mind you... should I add two more questions and make the Friday Five into a "Sunday Seven?" Nah.

1. Are you going to school this year? Um... no thanks. 19 years of formal education and another seven as a teacher were enough for me, thanks.
2. If no, when did you graduate? Graduated from Rochester Adams High School in 1987, from Oakland University (B.A.) in 1992, Central Michigan University (M.A.) in 1995.
3. What are/were your favorite school subjects? In High School- English, Journalism, and Drama. In college- Art History (I majored in Communication Arts and Minored in Art History). In Grad School- Rhetorical Criticism.
4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects? Math, math, and math... in particular Algebra. I aced Geometry in High School, but barely pulled "C"s in Algebra. I also didn't like history at all, but I think it was because of the emphasis on dates. I really like watching the History Channel, and visiting historical places (I went here a couple weeks ago.)
5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite? I think my favorite teachers were always the ones who recognized that I was smart, but didn't expect anything extra out of me because of it. I spent a lot of my childhood "dumbing down" so that I would fit in better (I would even put intentional spelling errors into notes I wrote to my friends). I've always been more of a self-learner, so I guess I always liked the teachers who just "let me be."

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa