552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Hot-lanta, continued...

So, Saturday night, Cory told me he really wanted to go to the pool at the hotel. Now mind you, we've lived in our apartment complex for nearly a year, and he hasn't been to either of our swimming pools... but for some reason, the hotel pool was appealing. I set the alarm clock for 8am, knowing full well that he'd never get up that early, no matter how badly he wanted to go swimming.

Cory got up at 10:30 am.

Half an hour later, we headed off to Six Flags, courtesy of a pair of free tickets (Thank You, WTVM!). I'm happy to report that the park was empty. The longest we waited for a ride was about 35 minutes for the Deja Vu. The shortest wait? For the park's newest ride, Superman: Ultimate Flight. In fact, the wait was so short that we rode it twice in a row, an honor I usually only reserve for The Gemini at Cedar Point.

The Superman roller-coaster was pretty cool. When you board, it's like an inverted roller coaster (the kind where you are suspended from the track, rather than riding in a train on top of the tracks. ) But, right before the ride starts, all of the seats lean forward, so that you're "flying" through the air. Of course, we went on all of the roller coasters.

Bad things about Six Flags: I got bitten on the back of my leg by a spider. It still itches like crazy. Also, my knees and shins got such a workout from two days of walking around zoos, malls, and theme parks that my left knee now pops every time I move my leg. I'm pretty sure that it's just going to give out on me eventually, so that's something to look forward to.

After Six Flags, we headed home, stopping in Newnan for dinner. We picked a restaurant we'd never been to: The Fire Mountain Grill. Once we got inside, we realized it was just a Ryan's buffet in disguise. We were too tired and lazy to go anywhere else. It was actually a very peculiar experience. Our waiter was a very nice foreign gentleman (I think he was Indian), but he was kind of peculiar. I got the impression that he probably came to this country looking for a much better opportunity than waiting tables at a buffet, like maybe he was a scientist or professor, but somehow ended up in Newnan with no prospects. I felt bad for him, since you could kind of tell that people made fun of him behind his back. He kept trying to strike up a conversation with us, but just didn't quite know what to say. Neither did we. So we just gorged ourselves and went home.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa