552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Out of this World

In case you haven't figured it out, Cory and I don't get out of the house much (Let's face it... if I had a life, I wouldn't have just written three paragraphs about a routine trip to the dentist).

Anyway, I'm very excited about tonight. We're heading out to the Coca-Cola Space Science Center to look at Mars. I know, it doesn't sound that exciting, but this is my last night of "freedom," since high school football season starts tomorrow night.

For those of you that don't know... high school football turns every Friday night into a nightmare for me. Dave and I produce a 20-minute highlight show every Friday (actually, we start producing it on Monday, and it takes four days to get it done, because we're working on all of our regular sportscasts every day). Then on Friday night, we both shoot at least two football games, and send three or four photographers out to shoot games as well. Then, after getting back from shooting our games (often very sweaty, or soaked from a thunderstorm, or windblown, or all of the above), there's usually only about an hour to 1 1/2 hours left to edit all of the highlights (sometimes as many as 12 games), plus edit highlights of the Braves/Hawks/Thrashers game, plus write and edit any other sports news that might be happening that day, plus answer the phone to get scores from the 50-odd games going on in our viewing area, plus enter all of the scores into the computer, plus try to look presentable to anchor the show.

To be honest, it's probably a four-person job, which is why the show never runs totally smoothly. When I first started doing "Sports Overtime," the 11pm evening producer and I used to go for a beer after every show, to get the whole mess out of my system.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa