552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

You Can't Go Home Again

Ok, I don't really consider Kirksville, Missouri my "home town." That honor goes to the city of Detroit and its neighboring suburbs. But I haven't lived in the Detroit area since 1992, and since I lived in Cory's home town of K-ville for seven years, it's really the next best thing.

Kirksville, I've felt for some time, may be cursed. A couple of lousy things that happened in my return to Kirksville:
1. Friday morning, the day after arriving in town, I took my left contact out of the case, and it was ripped in half. For those of you that don't know me, I'm blind as a bat. Of course, I had my glasses with me, but it still sucked. I was overdue for a trip to the eye doctor anyway, but I was putting it off as long as possible. He doesn't speak English very well, so it's kind of a lengthy ordeal to get my new prescription.
2. It's just spring in the 'Ville, so my allergies were terrible. I really haven't had much allergy trouble at all here in Georgia- If I'm going to be outside all day, I take half an allergy pill and I'm fine. Not in Missouri, though. I was popping pills left and right, and still pretty miserable. Apparently, there's a lot more nasty pollen up there than here in the Peach State.

Oh, and of course, we can't forget the constant harassment about marriage and grandchildren. Fun, fun, fun!

Ahhhhh... Home Sweet Home

And speaking of Detroit, here's a lovely news item from the 'burbs.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa