552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Job Hazards, Part II

Another one of the hazards of working at an ABC affiliate is that I often don't know what the hell's on any other network. Most of the television I catch on other networks is stuff I just stumble across. Tonight, I stumbled across the American Film Institute's 100 Years: Heroes and Villains, a show I would have loved to watch all the way through. Instead, I caught about the last half hour of it, basically the top 5 heroes/villains.

After seeing some of their painfully obvious choices (Villains: Darth Vader and The Wicked Witch of the West, Heroes: James Bond and Indiana Jones), I was expecting a real cop-out for their all-time hero. You know; Superman or Batman or Luke Skywalker. Imagine my pleasant surprise when it was Atticus Finch from "To Kill a Mockingbird." Nice choice. My faith in the film community has been restored, if only briefly.

One disappointment, though. Babe was a nominee, but never made the list. I mean, if we can't all feel better about our lives because of a sheep-herding pig, what's the use?

I couldn't find a complete list of the top 100 on the net (apparently AFI doesn't want to release it until everyone that TiVo'ed the special has a chance to see it), but you can see the top 40 here.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa