552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, June 01, 2003

More from the Glamorous TV Life

I can't remember the last time I ate a vegetable. Crappy eating habits are one of the many hazards of my job. We don't get out of the early newscasts until about 6:35, and baseball/basketball/football/hockey games usually start at 7:00 or so, which means no time for din-din. Luckily, most pro & college sports teams feed the media that comes to the game.

Sometimes, the food is actually pretty good. For example, the Cottonmouths always have a local restaurant cater their press-room meals, so its a hit-or miss proposition... one night it'll be Burger King, the next night it'll be Texas Roadhouse. I eat whatever's there... beggars can't be choosers.

Baseball season sucks, though. They feed us at every game, but it's concession-stand food. Every night for the last week, I've covered the Waves games, so it's been a cheeseburger, fries, and a diet coke for dinner. Every night.

Since Dave's still on vacation, I've been flying solo in the sports department, so tonight I didn't have time for dinner at all. After the late newscast, there aren't a whole lot of places still open, so Cory and I hit the IHOP at 1:00 am. Problem is, there's no "big salad" on the late-night menu. The most nutritious thing I could find was the "Banana Split Pancakes." Seriously. So, I'm still veggie-less, and I feel like crap because of it.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa