552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Signs That I'm Getting Old

Remember the episode of "Seinfeld" when Jerry's secret gets out? (Ok, that's like saying "Remember the episode of Three's Company when there was a big misunderstanding?").

Anyway, I'm talking about "The Sponge," the episode where George reveals that Jerry changes the label on all his pairs of jeans to make people think he wears a 31 instead of a 33 waist. Today, I realized, I'm turning into Jerry.

See, my pants size varies depending on brand name, style, etc. If I try on a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans (not that I can afford them), I have to try on a pair of size 12, and even then, I have to suck it all in to zip them up. But if I try on a pair of jeans at Lerner, I can wear a size 6 and have wiggle room to spare.

Needless to say, I buy all my jeans at Lerner now, just so I can feel better about myself. Shallow? You betcha. I should add that in high school, I wore a size 6, and I weighed at least 20 pounds less than I do now.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa