552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, June 02, 2003

More Mascot Madness

I've been thinking a lot about the Montgomery Biscuits lately. I decided, against my original assessment (See posts from 5/28 and 5/29 for a refresher), that it's a pretty cool nickname. I mean, you've gotta give them credit... they're probably the only "Biscuits" around. It's much more original than, say, the "Tigers." This week, Auburn University hosted an NCAA regional baseball championship, and three of the four teams involved were the Auburn Tigers, the Clemson Tigers, and the Princeton Tigers.

As far as mascots go, I've been pretty lucky. I was a Woodward Elementary Wolverine, a Van Hoosen Jr. High Viking, an Adams High School Highlander, an Oakland Pioneer (now they're the Golden Grizzlies), and a CMU Chippewa. If you count the schools where I've taught, I've also been a Cranbrook Crane, a MACC Greyhound, and a Truman Bulldog. If it weren't for Truman, I'd have a run of some pretty creative mascots.

My favorite mascot? Has to be a high school in Northeast Missouri. The Putnam County Midgets.

I kid you not.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa