552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, October 26, 2008

For the Dogs

One of the weird things about living in Florida is that the Farmer's market runs from October until May. So, while yesterday was the last Farmer's market of the year in my hometown, it was also the first one of the season here.

My plan was to get there around 9:00 in the morning while there was some good stuff still there. But for some reason, I actually managed to sleep in (which I usually can't do on the weekends). I didn't get there until well after 11:00 and was a little bummed. I was hoping to get there before everyone bought all the good veggies.

However, my disappointment quickly turned to excitement, as I realized that the doggie costume contest was about to begin!

Since Cory was off at a work event, it was a little bit sad that I had to experience all the crazy cuteness by myself- so I took pictures to share with him, and now with you. The photos aren't great (I took them with my cell phone), and there were some dogs much cuter than these-- but these were the best photos:

The little guy on the left is a fisherman. His little hat had some lures attached to it, and I'm sure he probably had some bait stuffed in his little vest somewhere.







The tiny little dog on the right was a dinosaur. He was there with two other little guys dressed as cops, with uniforms that said "Dog Park Security."







These were some of yesterday's winners-- the Princess and the Pirate were hilarious-- I particularly loved the blonde wig on the princess. It stayed on the entire morning, which makes me wonder how they attached it to her.



The little weiner-dog on the right was wearing a little varsity jacket. He was there with two other dachshunds, who were dressed as cheerleaders. They won "best group costume."





And speaking of dachshunds, you can't have a doggie costume contest without a weinermobile, right? He won an award, too.







Another winner for group costume-- Tinkerbell and Captain Hook. Ol' Hook was a little camera-shy, but Tinkerbell spent the entire morning posing for the cameras. These were by far the tiniest dogs there.





The largest dog there, no contest, was this big fuzzy Great Pyreneese. Maybe not the fanciest costume, but definitely the most creative. I don't think I'd want to bite into an Oreo with that much fur, though!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa