552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Farewell, Coach

I just read that Paul Newman died... and now I think I'll have to watch my favorite Paul Newman movie again tonight. No, not The Hustler. Or The Sting. Or even Butch Cassidy & The Sunshine Kid.

Those who know me well know that I believe Paul Newman's greatest accomplishment was as coach Reg Dunlop in Slap Shot.



About 15 years ago, I was watching the Today Show while they were interviewing Newman. Katie Couric asked him to look back on his career and tell her which movie was his favorite. Guess which one it was?

He said he'd never had so much fun shooting a movie as he had shooting Slap Shot.

We'll miss you, coach Dunlop.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa