552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Obligatory Sports-Related Post

A local sports story made its way onto the front page of ESPN.com yesterday-- as one of our area high school football teams beat another local squad 91-0.

Had I not been unceremoniously dumped by my previous employer, there's a very good chance I would have been at that game and would be covering that story.

I know how 91-0 looks. But for what it's worth, the Naples High School coach is an okay guy. He's not some asshat that wants to run up the score on his team's opponents. I've seen him pull his starters after the first half-- or even the first quarter-- numerous times. And while he certainly enjoys winning-- he's not just a coach, but he's also an educator who cares about students. All students, not just the ones on his side of the field.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa