552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Notes from a crappy blogger

Wow. I've been a really crappy blogger lately. Sorry about that. This 8-4:30 schedule is quite seriously kicking my a$$. I don't know how you "normal" people do it. I get home from work, eat dinner with Cory before he has to get back to work for the night shift, and all I want to do after that is take a nap.

Work, so far, has been fun. Most of my coworkers are pretty cool-- I go out to lunch with a group of them at least twice a week. It's fun to be part of a "group" for once. Working in sports always made me a bit of a loner. Sports departments are often crammed into a little office, far away from the rest of the newsroom. I actually know people who worked on a different floor than the rest of the news department. When everyone else was going to dinner together or ordering pizza in the newsroom, that's when I always had to go rushing out to shoot a game.

One of these days, I'll take a picture of my office. It's larger (and much nicer) than the one I had when I was teaching... though back then, I had a window. I guess technically, I have a window now, too... but it faces another office, so I'm not sure it counts. Oh well.

So, what was my point here? I'm not sure. I think I originally planned to write about what I've been doing at work, but I don't think you'd find the annual report to be very interesting.

You want interesting? How about this... I promise, the next time I log on, I'll write about our adventure at the "mullet toss." How's that for a tease???

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa