552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, February 22, 2008

My First Funny Work Story

(Ok, so this story requires a little explanation for folks who don't live in this part of the country. Around here, if you want to be a member of a wholesale store, you have three choices. Of course, there's Sam's Club. Then there's Costco. And then, there's the unintentionally-humorously titled "BJ's.")

I'm sure this has probably happened somewhere that you work. Sometimes warehouse stores offer special deals for corporations. Someone from Costco, for example, sets up camp in your conference room, and offers employees discount memberships and renewals.

So, this morning at about 8:30, I'm at my desk, making my checklist for the day. There's a crackling on the loudspeaker, and a voice squawks out, "Good morning everyone. We have BJ's in the conference room for the next two hours!"

No, there wasn't a stampede of male employees towards the conference room, but our entire building did turn into a bunch of Beavis and Buttheads for the rest of the day.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa