552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, March 07, 2008

Payday!

My first payday at the new job almost didn't happen.

I arrived at work, and one of my co-workers and I wandered over to the accounting department in search of our paychecks. And there wasn't a check for me. To make it worse, the payroll manager wasn't going to be in until the afternoon.

So I sent her a friendly little email, reminding her that my first day of work was February 18th and that I only had $19 in my checking account.

When I got to work, she looked on the HR report, and there I was, with my hire date and my first pay date all correct. So, she digs a little deeper. And discovers that my annual salary is listed as zero.

Oops.

She fixed it, cut me a manual check, and had it in my hands by 2:00 pm. I just deposited it into the ol' bank account. And I've staved off a lifetime of abject poverty for another two weeks.

Whew.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa