552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, March 17, 2008

March Madness

Sunday was a little strange for me-- Cory and I watched the March Madness selection show, and I realized that I didn't really know much about college basketball this year. Other than a couple of conference tournament games this weekend, I really haven't watched anyone play since mid-December. I mean, I can usually make some pretty educated guesses when I fill out my bracket, but this year, I'll be that annoying person in your office who chooses their teams by picking the one with the best mascot (and if that's my primary criterion, the Western Kentucky Hilltopper will at least make it to the final four).

Here's the other weird thing. For the first time in a decade, I won't be able to watch the majority of the first-round games. In the past, I've either been on spring break (fantastic timing), worked at a TV station where watching college hoops all day was my job, had a schedule that gave me Thursdays and Fridays off, or a combination of all of the above. This year, not so much. I won't be able to call Cory and tell him (mid-workday) about the awesome finish to every game.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it. And no, I can't take a personal day. I just need to come to terms with it... I'm a "normal" person. And normal people miss the first round of the tournament all the time.

Sigh.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa