552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

OK, so it's kind of a cop-out, since today was Thanksgiving, but today's Thursday Thirteen is

13 Things I'm thankful for:

1) All of the important people-- parents that love me, a husband that somehow doesn't think I'm a complete bitch, and cat that depends on me.
2) Reasonably good health-- especially considering the fact that I don't exercise much, I don't always eat well, and I don't really have genetics on my side, either.
3) 80s music (especially "new wave" and "hair bands"). I've been in kind of a funk lately, but every time I hear the B-52s or a Def Leppard song, it perks me up!
4) Minor League Hockey. We don't get Versus on the cable system here in the Cape, so my weekly trips to Everblades games give me the fix I need.
5) A car that still runs fairly well considering the fact that I've put about 120,000 miles on it since February of 1996.
6) Other people with a weird sense of humor. Especially ones who are authors (i.e. Christopher Moore, Carl Hiaasen)
7) Cheesecake. Quite possibly the worlds' greatest innovation.
8) Cheap, yet tasty beer. Lately one of my favorites has been Shock Top.
9) Having a fairly fast metabolism. It allows me to enjoy cheesecake and beer.
10) Ben & Jerry's. Though I've been very dissapointed by the lack of B&J's Frozen Yogurt at the store lately.
11) Florida. Sure, it has its faults. It's very flat, I sweat constantly from May to October, and there aren't a lot of trees near us. But the view as I drive over the river on my way to work every day makes it worth it.
12) TiVo. (This was Cory's suggestion. While I love the TiVo, I'm not sure it's quite list-worthy. On the other hand, maybe it is.)
13) Having an education, and a job, and running water, and all of the other things I might not have if I'd been born somewhere else... or in some other time. I couldn't survive a day in Africa. I don't even like camping, for God's sake.

Check out other Thursday Thirteeners on the TT Blogroll.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa