552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, November 18, 2007

On the Dark Side

A couple of nights ago, our friend Jason (who occasionally prefers that we call him "Dan Handsome") was all in a tizzy about a book he saw at Barnes and Noble. Apparently, it was a book about fetishes, and being the least intimidated person I've ever met in my life, he was reading the book openly in the store.

Apparently, it had some pretty interesting pictures, one of which amused/disturbed him so much that he had to tell me all about it. I say "amused/disturbed" because for Mr. Handsome, it seems the two are often one and the same. For example, he loves that guy "Mystery" on MTV's show "The Pick-Up Artist." Get the picture.

He described the photo in stunning detail-- I'm really couldn't do it justice if I tried to replicate his description. Just imagine the type of photo you might see in a book about Fetishes. Throw in a little nudity, and few cylindrical props, and your imagination has probably done all the work for me.

Now, I need to explain Jason. When he sees things that amuse/disturb him, he gets all worked up into a tizzy. He'll talk about it for days unless you nip it in the bud immediately. So here's all I said:

"I'm just glad they found each other."

And honestly, that's true. I mean, it's hard enough to find someone you love in this world when you're a fairly "normal" person. But what if you're goth? Or a vampire? Or if you're a "furry?"

Well, I still don't know how the "furries" do it, but as far as the Goth/Vampire/Alternative/Fetish crowd goes, you'd better believe there's a website out there just for Goth singles. Why wouldn't there be?

Darkyria.com calls itself a "friendship and matching coven," but behind all the draped red velvet and heavy black eyeliner, it seems a lot like any other online dating site. Members can upload photos and “Send a Wink” if they see someone that they're interested in. There's even a "Dark Cupid" that can help match up Darkyria members. The website also has a World Map Seeker, so I guess if a member wanted to find a vampire in Pennsylvania instead of one in Transylvania, this would be the place find him!

And it's not just for "goths," but for the whole horror/sci-fi/fantasy/alternative/extreme music crowd. So if you're the only single vampire in Novinger, Missouri, there's somewhere for you to go!

I love the internet. There's a place for everyone!

This post brought to you by: Darkyria.com

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa