552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Snap Attack

One of my coworkers has a digital picture frame at her desk with photos of her kids-- when she got it (last year for Christmas, I think), it was quite the novelty around the newsroom. We all oohed and ahhed for a while, mostly because that type of stuff is totally outside of our pay grade.

Every time I see it, it makes me think about how much digital cameras have completely changed our world. Ok... that sounded a little silly, I know. It's not like digital cameras have brought about world peace or anything.

But think about it... just about everyone has a cameraphone now. Remember when we were kids, and you weren't allowed to bring cameras into a concert? Imagine trying to police that rule now! You'd have to confiscate nearly every cell phone in the crowd!

And what about Drivers' Licenses? Remember when you had to wait 4-6 weeks to get your new license in the mail, only to discover that your eyes were closed? Or that there was a shadow across your face that made you look like you had a moustache? Now you can see that horrific picture in just minutes!

Cory and I have two digital cameras (aside from the ones on our phones). Mine is larger and takes better pictures, but I'm always afraid to take it anywhere. I don't want to bring it to an amusement park, for example, because it's a little too big and too nice.

Cory's camera came free when we signed our mortgage. It's much smaller (I can carry it in my purse, so I can take pictures any time I want), but the pictures it takes aren't as nice. And somehow we lost the software and the USB cable to connect it to our computer, so any time I want to remove pictures from it, I have to go to the store and use their photo computer, which is kind of a pain in the butt.

What I like most about our digital cameras is what some people like least about them-- you don't have any pictures. I'm okay with that. I have shoeboxes full of photos from film, and I rarely look at them. But if I have a digital picture I like, I can email it to my friends. Or I can make a print of it. Or, I can make it part of the new "Wordless Wednesday" here on the blog. Did you catch last week's picture of the Tiger and his meat kebab? I'd never been that close to a tiger before-- it was pretty cool!

I'm going to try to post more pictures on "Wordless Wednesdays"-- so I can show off a few more photos. I haven't figured out if I want to do some kind of theme yet-- we'll see. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa