552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, November 12, 2007

El Cheapo

That's me, El Cheapo.

Given any situation, I'll try to take the cheapest way out. When I bought brand-new custom-made pink golf clubs, I got them from a guy who makes golf clubs at the flea market. When I go on vacation, I take the cheapest direct flight I can possibly find... even if it means flying at 7:00 in the morning or 11:00 at night. When I rent a car, I use an online coupon for an academic fraternity that I wasn't even a member of.

The best? When a restaurant has an online club, I always sign up, because I know that somewhere, buried in all the spam I'll get in December, there'll also be a coupon for a free birthday meal. I heart a free birthday meal. Of course, I sign Cory up, too. That way, we eat for free in September and in December!

Now, I'm not so cheap that I'm willing to make a scene in a store, or demand a discount on something because "It looks like the box has been opened." I worked retail long enough to know how obnoxious those people are. But if I can find a legitimate way to get some money off without making an ass of myself, I'll do it.

That brings me to online shopping. I love to shop online because I don't have to deal with people, and because the prices are usually good enough that they balance out the shipping costs. And who doesn't like getting a package in the mail, right?

But the best part about online shopping-- is that you can always find coupons online if you're willing to hunt for them. Sometimes you can get 10% or more off, sometimes you can snag free shipping. I have a few favorite coupon-hunting websites-- And just today, I found another good website for Online Coupons. They have coupons for Sierra Trading Post, where I recently bought a couple of adorable skorts for golfing. That's right, I said "skorts." They're coming back in style... really! Oh-- and they also have Target.com coupons... which (I've discovered) comes in very handy when buying gifts on people's baby registries. They also have a bunch of stores and websites I've never even heard of before-- but with Christmas coming, I may have to check all of them out! They have an alphabetical listing-- so I might just have to start at the A's and work my way down!

It's funny to think of Christmas being on the way-- it's about 80 degrees and sunny here today. And we went to an outdoor concert two nights ago. Last year, Christmas totally snuck up on me... so I'd better start shopping now!

This post brought to you by: NC Natural.com

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa