552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Today's Thursday Thirteen:

Thirteen Albums I Own (and when I say "Album," I mean "Album." as in a 12" round vinyl disk with a hole in it.)

By the way, I'm not including Soundtracks or Greatest Hits collections. As Bruce McCullough once said on Kids in the Hall, "Greatest Hits are for housewives and little girls!"

1. Olivia Newton-John's Greatest Hits, Vol. 2. Don't mock. I didn't say "Thirteen albums I'm proud to own. did I?"
2. Friend Or Foe (Adam Ant) My friend Anne and I sent a really bizarre fan letter to Adam Ant once. I'm surprised he didn't hire police protection and get restraining orders against both of us. I also have the album "Strip," which was by far his worst album.
3. Living in Oz (Rick Springfield) Hello? Dr. Noah Drake? Need I say more?
4. Pyromania (Def Leppard) I also have "On Through the Night," "High and Dry" and "Hysteria" on vinyl.
5. Forever (Bittersweet Alley) Probably the second-most popular 1980s Detroit rock band, behind The Romantics. The lead singer ended up marrying the older sister of a girl I went to high school with. I also have their second album, "Some Like it Hot."
6. Pictures for Pleasure (Charlie Sexton). Charlie Sexton was a teen guitar prodigy. And he was cute. Enough said.
7. Rebel Yell (Billy Idol) As we all know by now, I was obsessed with Billy Idol. I also had his self-titled debut album, along with "Whiplash Smile" (which sucked) and the EP "Don't Stop," which I bought on a school field trip. Oh, and I have two albums from his first band, Generation X.
8. Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi) After all these years, Jon Bon Jovi is still cute-- and still putting out hit albums. Who would have guessed that of all the hair-bands I liked in the 80s, they'd be the one to survive?
9. License To Ill (The Beastie Boys) My friend Kristi won us concert tickets to see the Beastie Boys in downtown Detroit when I was a senior in high school. I bought a T-shirt, unaware that on the back it said "Get off My Dick."
10. Slide it In (Whitesnake). With Tawny Kitaen on the cover, of course.
11. Out of the Cellar (Ratt) Actually, now that I think of it, Tawny Kitaen is on the cover of that one, too. And just think, years later, she was married to a major league baseball player who she beat up-- and dated Jerry Seinfeld, too. Girl gets around.
12. Days of Innocence (Moving Pictures). The ultimate one-hit-wonder, at least as far as their US albums go. They had exactly one hit song, "What about me?" Last year, a guy at the karaoke bar sang it-- and I had to talk to him about it. Turns out he was Australian.
13. Seven and the Ragged Tiger (Duran Duran). I never really liked this album that much, Their earlier stuff was much better.

Feel free to discuss my awesome taste in music. You know you want to.
Check out the Thursday Thirteen Blogroll!

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa