552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Going Kooky for the Dooky...

(note: I've been planning to post this since Friday, since a peculiar press release showed up at work, but I was afraid of being accused of promoting drug use. This post has been sitting in my "Drafts" folder for three days now! Now that the story has shown up on The Smoking Gun and on Breitbart, I think I'm pretty safe in telling the world)

One of the many reasons I love working in the news business: Bizarre memos showing up at work.

Last night, we got a doozy from one of our local Sheriff's departments. Apparently, the new "cool" drug for middle-school and high-school kids-- is raw sewage fumes (Called "Jenkem'). Seriously.

Apparently, you make Jenkem the same way you make sun tea. Except instead of tea, lemons, and water... you use feces and urine. So, parents, if you see a sun tea jar in your yard, you might want to investigate a little more closely.

The press release itself is almost as funny as the alleged drug use is disgusting. My favorite excerpt:
"All subjects who used the Jenkem disliked the taste of sewage in their mouth and the fact that the taste continued for several days."


I also enjoyed the common street names associated with Jenkem, which include "Butthash" and "Winnie" (as in Winnie-the-Pooh. Poor A.A. Milne must be spinning in his grave. First, his sweet books and characters get Disney-fied... and now this).

By the way, as much as I'd love to take credit for the title of this post-- I can't. My co-worker Randy came up with it.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa