552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Once upon a time... the Sportslady participated in something called the "Friday Five." But the website went defunct, and Fridays are a pretty busy day for me, so I dropped it.

This week: My first foray into the "Thursday Thirteen." Knowing me, this won't last long, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thirteen things I have been for Halloween:

1. A Leopard. Or maybe it was a cheetah. I was only about six, so it's hard to say. The costume was adorable, though.
2. A gypsy.
3. A fairy.
I wore my white ballet outfit and my mom made me some sweet wings and some kind of a halo/hair wreath thing.
4. A conehead. I said a lot of stuff like, "Mips! Mips!" and "We come from France.... Yes... France." I was only in fourth grade, so nobody but the bus driver got it.
5. Some sort of a punk David Bowie type thing.
6. A rockette. My dad had a sweet tuxedo jacket with tails. The rest was pretty easy.
7. A witch. The first costume I sewed myself. I made of a green lacy dress to go with a black wig... But everyone thought I was supposed to be Cher. That would come in handy later.

8. Little Red Riding hood. It was pretty cute, actually. The next year, I altered it so my friend Casey could wear it.
9. University of Michigan cheerleader.
10. Barbie,
complete with hot pink pumps and disproportionately large breasts. I went to a fraternity party and one of the guys asked me if I was a dude. Very depressing.
11. A Pirate. Because of the fact that I rarely throw things away, I had a sweet puffy shirt and thigh-high boots. It also explains the hot-pink pumps from the year before.
12. Another Witch. This time, I looked a little more Goth... and I added a pointy hat to the outfit.
13. Cher. For real, this time. And I won $100. Not too shabby.


Last night, I was a pirate again. No prize money this year, though. I'll try to post a picture in the next day or so.

If you're interested in hearing what other "Thursday Thirteen"ers have to say today, check out their Blogroll.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa