552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, October 22, 2007

Socks gets the Boot

I'm pretty torn on Hillary Clinton-- Yes, she's smart, she's capable, she's professional, and I think, quite honestly, she'd make a pretty good president... if she wasn't Hillary Clinton. And no, this isn't a gender issue... at least not in my mind.

As a potential president, she's really in a no-win situation. She's such a polarizing political figure that any actions she would make would be over-analyzed, criticized and villified-- and that's by both the right and left.

But here's my real problem with Hillary. She dumped Socks. Remember him? That cute little kitty-cat who inhabited the White House with Bill, Hillary, Chelsea and Buddy? Well, when the Clintons moved out, they took Buddy with them.

They pawned poor Socks off to Betty Currie.

Sure, the Clintons had bigger fish to fry. Bill had to go be a rock star. Hillary had to run for Senate. Chelsea had to go to college.

But seriously, how hard is it to take care of a cat? I can tell you from experience, as long as there's food in Zoe's dish-- and an occasional scritch under her chin or stroke of her belly-fur, she's pretty content. In fact, I sometimes think she prefers it when we're not around and she can be queen of the castle.

Really, I guess Socks was the lucky one. Poor ol' Buddy Clinton got run over by a car a year after moving out of the White House. Socks Clinton Currie is still alive and well and living in Hollywood, Maryland.

Hmmm.... I wonder if Mike Gravel has a cat? He seems more like the "pet rock" type to me.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa