552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Chicken (Lady) or the egg?

I check my blog stats a few times a week-- just to see who's visiting. (You can see them if you click on the left-side box below "My Latest Visitors")

With many of you, I can look at the city and/or state and I know who you are. I can identify other people based on information like the browsers they use (I have a few readers who use firefox, for example).

I can also find out how random strangers found my blog. The stats show me which search engine turned up my blog and the search string that net-surfers used to get that result. In the past, I've had a lot of people find me by searching for nude pictures of Erin Andrews or for information on Peaches and/or Beaches. Go figure.

But lately, I've had a lot of people stumble across my blog with the search string "Chicken Lady." Apparently, I mentioned the "Kids in the Hall" character once while describing my freakish kidney. But that was well over two years ago!

I'm not sure what the recent fascination is with the Chicken Lady, though. In fact, I'm not sure if they're trying to find information on the lovely chicken lady to the right... or if they're trying to find information on this motivational speaker, or if they're looking for a menu from this caterer.

Then again, maybe they're just waiting for another "Only in Florida" post from me... about the "Chicken Lady" who ran for mayor of Key West a few years back.

Not sure. Yesterday's "Chicken Lady" searches came from Los Angeles Calif., Reston, Va., and Greenville, S.C.

But the strangest search of the day had nothing to do with chickens. Somebody found my blog with the search string "How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb?"

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa