552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, October 01, 2007

When it rains...

Actually, it wasn't raining when this happened... at least not literally. It was certainly raining metaphorically.

Last night, while driving home from work, I ran out of gas. Not a big deal if you're a normal person with a normal job who works normal hours. Unfortaunately, I am none of the above.

So, it's about midnight, and I'm driving through a bad neighborhood. Actually, let me define "bad." If I had run out of gas in this neighborhood during daylight hours, I would have walked to the nearby gas station. However, it was midnight. And as my co-worker Randy says, this neighborhood is reminiscent of a slightly scuzzy kitchen. It looks a little yucky when it's bright and well-light. When you shut out the light, the cockroaches start scrambling around nervously. This neighborhood is kind of the same way.

I call Cory, who hops in his truck to come pick me up. He's about 20 minutes away. I wait in my car. Cory arrives, attempts to rescue me...

...and his truck dies.
In the ghetto.
It might be the battery. Or the alternator. Or one of a million other things.

Either way, we're now with two broken-down cars in a scary neighborhood. Good times.

Anyway, Randy came to our rescue-- the street where we both broke down was also on his way home from work. Thank goodness!

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa