552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Seeing Double

Last week, I read an online article about "Googlegangers," people you find online who share your name. I found my main googleganger long ago.

Because of the unusual spelling of my first name and (maiden) last name, I don't have as many googlegangers as, say, a "Mary Jones" or a "John Smith." Most of my maiden-name googlegangers live in Scandanavian countries, like the Danish actress seen on the right. There's also a handful of account managers, purchasers, and consultants with my name trying to network their way into a better job. There's also a secretary at the University of Southern Denmark. On zabasearch.com, I found a few others who share my name in California and Nevada.

I use my maiden name at work, so most people still know me by that name. I've never googled my new name... at least, not until today. My new googleganger (drumroll, please) is a real estate broker in Massachusetts who apparently runs in a lot of 5K races.

By the way, my mom has a googleganger who teaches Mideval literature in Alberta. My dad has one who runs an ice cream shop in Washington State. And my husband has one that runs a winery.

Who's your googleganger?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa