552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, October 15, 2007

20 Years Later...

This past weekend, Cory and I headed north for my 20-year class reunion. It was certainly an interesting experience.

First, let me say this. I was a dork in high school. Not as dorky as I was in junior high, when I had braces, thick glasses, and a bad complexion. Once I reached high school, I was just tall, skinny, pigeon-toed, and lacked fashion sense... pretty much the same as I am today. Oh, and I had a big nose back then. About eight years ago, it magically "shrinked" into the adorable little pointy nose I have now.

Anyway, despite having some old-lady-wrinkles and a little bit of a belly pooch, I think I look a lot better than I did in high school. So I like going to reunions, even though I really didn't know that many people in school.

My lovely reunion name badge.  Wasn't I purty?At the 10-year reunion, everyone looked pretty much the same as they did in high school. Some were thinner, some were taller, some were chubbier... but the big difference was hairstyles. This time, there were a lot of people I didn't recognize... especially the men.

On Friday night, we went to the Adams Homecoming game (we won 56-7)... and it was great, because we got there kind of early, perched up in the stands, and watched people walk up to our group. Forget everything you ever heard about how "men get more distinguished with age... women just get old." Many of the women in our class looked the way I remembered them-- but a lot of our guys have gone bald... or are getting there fast.

I really haven't decided what I want to tell you about the reunion... I'll figure it out eventually. In the meantime, enjoy the dorky picture of my name badge above.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa