552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, November 23, 2007

Artsy Fartsy in the Sunshine State

I saw a sign today for an Art Festival, and got a little excited. I love art fairs. My favorite is the annual Ann Arbor art fair-- but since I'm never in Michigan during it, I haven't gone since I was in grad school (about 12 years ago).

It's a common problem. I never, ever get to go to art fairs... usually because I work on weekends, which are prime art-fair time. The last one we went to was right here in the Cape-- and we could only spend about an hour because we had to squeeze it in during our lunch break.

Today, I heard about another cool art festival here in Florida-- the St. Augustine Artwalk. I've never been to St. Augustine, though I'd love to go. Even though I'm not a history buff, it would be really cool to see the oldest city in the nation (Eat that, Jamestown!)

The Artwalk divides the city into five art districts... with about 20 galleries taking part. And even though it's an Artwalk, they also use the Old Town Trolley Tours to shuttle people to the galleries. So you get to see the city while you see all the galleries.

The next First Friday Weekend Artwalk is December 7th. I won't be able to make it-- but they're holding them on the First Friday of every month in 2008-- so hopefully, we'll get there sometime in the next 12 months.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa