552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

In Stitches

I know you've all been anxiously awaiting the results of my surgery. Monday, my stitches came out... and it doesn't look as bad as I'd anticipated. Of course, it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped, either.

For the last week, I've been walking around with a big bandage on my face. I found some large transparent and flesh colored ones-- which weren't noticeable if you were looking at me from a distance. Or if I kept the right side of my face turned away from you. I went on-air like that for one night, but made sure that they used very wide shots so my giant band-aid wouldn't be visible.

No, I didn't need to wear the bandage. The doctor told me it didn't really matter, as long as I kept my incision clean. But I knew that nobody really wanted to see the gash and eight big black stitches up the side of my cheek. I wore the bandage as a public service.

Now that my stitches are out, I'm bandage-free. Essentially, it looks like I have a big angry scratch on the side of my face... like I walked sideways into a sheet of metal... Or a rather large cat with only one claw took a swipe at me.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa