552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, June 26, 2006

Eight Pound Balls

Cory and I have been bowling two or three times a month since moving down here. It's something we used to do several times a week back in K-Ville, but we only went once or twice in the four years we lived in Georgia.

His co-workers go nearly every Wednesday night, and we usually join them, along with a couple of the sports guys from the competition.

After this week's trip to Gator Lanes (everything down here seems to be "Gator" something), Cory decided he wanted his own pair of bowling shoes. It probably had something to do with the 190 he rolled (topping my 145, a pretty impressive score for me).

But if he wants to buy shoes, who am I to argue? After all, I'm a girl, and shoe shopping is in my chromosomes. And it's a solid financial decision. If we're spending $2.75 per visit to rent a pair of scuzzy shoes, it adds up. That's money we could be spending on pitchers of lukewarm beer.

Tonight, we placed our orders online. I have to say, I think I picked out a pretty cool pair. They should arrive by the end of the week. Hopefully they fit.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa