552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, February 20, 2006

Obligatory Sports-Related Post

Of course, I've been watching a lot of Olympic coverage lately... In particular, lots of figure skating. And I have to say, I hate all the new rules. I hate that a skater has to pretend s/he can do a triple axel... or a quadruple toe-loop... even if they can't. And then they try the jump, fall on their asses, and then get points for trying, with a deduction for not making it. Seriously. I could pretend to do a triple axel and fall on my ass. Does that mean I deserve a medal? Personally, I'd rather see a clean program with jumps that the skater can do... and then judge them on their merits from there. And if someone skates a beautiful program with a triple axel, then more power to her.

Feeling a little better now that I've vented that. Thanks.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa