552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, February 10, 2006

When it rains... it pours

And I'm not talking about the thunderstorm that woke me up on Saturday morning. I'm talking about my job... or more accurately, about jobs in general.

For three years, I actively pursued a new job, trying desperately to get out of C-Town. And for three years, I barely got a nibble. The last 22 months of that three-year stretch, I had an agent. In that time, I got a couple of messages on the answering machine... and two visits to stations who were polite enough to "interview" me while I was there. Nothing promising, nothing impressive.

After getting a job down here in the Sunshine state, the calls started coming in. A week after I accepted the job here, a station in Tampa wanted me for a sports producer position. Two weeks later, Lubbock, Texas called. Then last week, Green Bay called, wanting to interview me.

For three years, bubkus. Suddenly, I'm a hot property. I might add, I don't have any regrets about taking this job. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa