552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rejected, But Not Dejected

For the second time in just over three months, I've received a rejection letter from WIS-TV.
Unlike my previous rejection, however, this time I was rejected for the correct job.

"...Several months ago you applied for the position of Sportscaster. We were fortunate enough to receive a number of applications, all having some of the qualifications necessary for the job..." blah, blah, blah.

I should mention here that I applied for that position back in July. And that this letter was written and signed by the "Newsroom Assistant," which I suspect is a nice title given to an intern.

"...Thank you for your interest in WIS Television and best wishes for success in your employment search."

So, why am I not dejected by this latest rejection? Well, aside from the fact that I already have a job, it's in a much larger market than Columbia, SC. And I have a beach. They don't.

Oh, and one other thing... The company that owns WIS was just purchased by a certain other media conglomerate... the same one that's owned me for the past seven years. So maybe I didn't want to work there anyway. So there.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa