552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, February 10, 2006

More Pre-Valentine's Musings

Last year, Cory and I spent our Valentine's day driving to Athens, Georgia for the funeral of one of my closest friends, Mike.
Needless to say, Valentine's Day will never be the same for me.

Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about Mike. On his birthday, Cory and I were packing up for the move, and I thought about the last major move I made, when I left Kirksville to move to C-Town. At the time, Mike was living in Atlanta, less than an hour and a half away. The day I found out I'd gotten the job, I told Mike the good news.
"Guess what? I'm moving to Georgia!"
Without batting an eye, Mike laughed and said, "Guess what? I'm moving to New York!"

While web-surfing, I still absentmindedly type in the name of his blog. I still accidentally forward him emails. He's still on my Christmas card list, in my address book, and programmed into my phone.

Mike died a year ago this week, and I still miss him.

Wherever you are, Mike, we love you.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa