552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, May 09, 2005

Curioser and Curioser

I really haven't blogged much about the steroid scandal (gasp!) in baseball... I figure that if you want to hear about it, you're getting plenty of opportunities elsewhere.

That said, however, I came across these statistics on the AP wire today, and thought I'd share with you: (as compiled by the Elias Sports Bureau)

Through the first five weeks of the baseball season this year, there have been 908 home runs. That's compared to 990 last year, and 953 in 2003.

In 2002, there were only 878 homers in the first five weeks... but that was a severe drop-off from the previous three years.

In 2001, there were 1,047. In 2000... 1,183. And in 1999... 1,016.

So, what's my point? None, really. There's obviously been a drop-off this season, and only some of it has to do with Barry Bonds' injury.

But have you noticed that most of the guys getting nailed for steriod use aren't power hitters?

(for more on the MLB "power outage", see this article on ESPN.com)

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa