552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, April 11, 2005

Grrr...

I hate when I spend half an hour writing a long post, complete with links, downloads, and other fun things... only to have the computer freeze up and swallow it. It's so discouraging, because I become afraid that if I try to reconstruct the post, the same thing will happen.

That's part of why you haven't heard from me in a while. Part is also that I'm lazy, and part is that I tried to enjoy a few days off. I had planned on blogging Thursday night, but then I got a call from Cheryl, a former co-worker, and we met some other girls from work for dinner and a comedy show at The Loft. The comedian, Johnny Millwater, was hysterical. Even funnier was when Cheryl blasted him with a fire extinguisher during his grand finale (in her defense, he'd dropped a flaming ball of something-or-other on her shoe).

Friday, I actually went out with co-workers again. We headed out to the Cannon Brewpub (which for some ridiculous reason, has no website) for dinner, then checked out a new piano bar afterwards.

Guess What? I got a Saturday off! I know, it sounds insane... and it's only because I have to work every stinkin' day for the next week and a half to cover Dave's vacation. This week is his 20th anniversary, so I suppose he should be able to take a little time off. Big kudos, by the way, to Dave's long-suffering wife, Vicky, for putting up with him for two stinkin' decades!

So Saturday, Cory and I got to spend the whole day together. We spent a couple hours at Auto Fest (a WTVM-sponsored event), kissing hands and shaking babies... er... I mean kissing babies and shaking hands. Then we headed over to another co-worker's barbecue and spent the rest of the evening eating yummy hors d'oeuvres, roast pig, and cheesecake.

I also learned two lessons on Saturday. First, I discovered that I don't particularly like Tequiza. I only like limes in margaritas and key lime pie. Second, I also learned that I'm not very good at Texas Hold 'Em. I wear my heart on my sleeve, so you can read my face like a book. Fortunately, it only cost $5 to find this out. Well, actually, $10... but $5 of that belonged to someone else (thanks, Chuck!).

Eventually, I may post again. I may even try to reconstruct one of the posts that got swallowed last week. Who knows... maybe even more vacation pictures will materialize. But probably not until next week.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa