552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Movie Night

Last night was supposed to be movie night for Cory and me. The plan was to go see "In America," on its very last night playing at the Independant and Foreign Film Festival. We'd both really been looking forward to seeing it.

Since Cory works nights, we can only go to the latest showings of movies in town, usually around 9:40. So Thursday night at 9:30, when Cory gets off work, I'm grabbing my coat and keys and heading for the front door to meet him at the theater.

The phone rings.

I consider not answering, because Cory's mom has this uncanny skill of calling at the most inconvenient times, and I figure it's probably her. But I answer, and it's Cory.

"Don't go."
"What?"
"Don't go. I have to stay here and finish somebody else's work that they didn't bother doing."

So we missed the movie. Sure enough, today "In America" was gone, never to play in Columbus again.

I ended up working an early shift because I had to be in Troy, Alabama at ten in the morning. For once, I got off work by 7p.m., so we had substitute movie night. This week's Film Festival movie is "The Cooler," a movie I'd had a mild interest in seeing because I really like William H. Macy and Alec Baldwin (who is nominated for Best Supporting Actor on Sunday night).

"The Cooler" was ok. The movie focused a little too much on being slick and Vegas-y. And I really didn't need to see William H. Macy's naked ass. All in all, I think I would have preferred "In America."

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa