552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Just Desserts

Paybacks are hell.
Tonight, in the break room at work, I was eating my dinner and waiting for Cory to join me when I noticed a note on the vending machine: "This Machine Owes Cory 50 cents"
I asked him about it, and he said that he had tried to buy some Doritos but the machine didn't drop them. I looked in the machine, and lo and behold, there was a little bag of Doritos dangling in mid-air, unwilling do drop.
So, I made a snide remark along the lines of: "Maybe it was a sign that you didn't need those Doritos."

Yeah, I know. Making a fat joke at the expense of your boyfriend is a good way to lose the afforementioned boyfriend. Duly noted.

Anyway, as I was leaving work tonight around midnight, I had a craving for something sweet. I peeked into our downstairs vending machine, and spotted some M&Ms. So I dropped two quarters into the machine, and nothing happened. I then realized that M&Ms were 60 cents, and dug in my pocket for more change. Unfortunately, all I had was a nickel. So, I grabbed my purse and started digging. Pennies. A handful of them. No quarters, no dimes, no nickels. Piss. So then, I went out to my car, and found a nickel. Finally!

I went back into the station, dropped my two nickels into the vending machine, and punched the button for the M&Ms. And what happened? The damn M&Ms got stuck. I shook the machine, kicked the machine, and body-checked the machine. They dropped about three inches, but never fell. They're probably still dangling there.

Maybe it was a sign that I didn't need those M&Ms. The worst part is that I was too lazy to look for a post-it note to write "This Machine owes me 60 cents."

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa